WHO SHOULD ENROL
The target audience is marketing executives and seasoned marketers.
This is a book, sourced online.
The book consists of 20 topics/chapters:
- The Good, the Bad and the Sad 10 traits of good marketers and 10 traits of EGO (exceptional greatness overstated) marketers.
- The Secrets of Successful Marketing 5 key factors in WTP (where to play), HTW (how to win) and 4 steps in WTD (what to do - to win).
- Key Marketing Builders and Blockers 10 key marketing builders and blockers marketers encounter every day.
- Stupidity Reigns amongst the Uninformed A marketer without facts is just another person with an opinion. 10 key issues about facts.
- Fish where the Fish are Successful marketing requires identifying and targeting the most viable target market.
- Discover the Me, Myself and I generation A unique alphabet to describe the MMI’s (Millennials, Xennials, Gen Y’s and Gen Z’s).
- Discover today’s Shopper 5 types of shoppers and what to consider in managing their path to purchase.
- Take the Gap, avoid the Trap Can a market be saturated? Discover when there is a gap in the market?
- Victory via VFM The importance of value for money, promotions and the danger of Black Friday.
- Marketing’s Magic Words Meet the 12 ‘eyeball attractors’ in Marketing, the top 10 magic words in Digital marketing and 5 words to avoid.
- The P of all P’s Why Positioning is the most important P in marketing.
- Brand Loyalty: Myth or Reality? 9 arguments why brand loyalty no longer exists.
- Avoid Monkey see, Monkey do It is easier to imitate than to innovate – leading to me-too products which are doomed to failure. Discover 2 solutions.
- How to build a Strong Brand and give it Longevity How did brands, 80 years and older stay relevant and exciting? Even market leaders? Discover 8 things that make a brand strong.
- The Brand Stamina Monitor The 30 key factors that monitor a brand’s agility and viability – or failure.
- No Customers, no Business, no Profit 4 reasons why marketers and retailers fail when it comes to customer service.
- From Word of Mouth to Word of Mouse The pros and cons of WOM (word of mouth) and digital word of mouse.
- Digital is Everything but Everything is not Digital The nature and benefits of, and lessons learned in digital media.
- The Strong theory, the Weak theory Arguments for and against Advertising and Shopper Rewards & Loyalty Programmes.
- The Strategic Planning Trap 5 traps in preparing and implementing a strategic marketing plan. How to avoid the traps.
This book is a to-the-point, easy-to-read, practical guide for marketers – everything they need to know to avoid making silly mistakes and to be successful.
The book is intended to :
- provide marketers with the necessary knowledge and skills to plan their marketing efforts
- to be better than and different from the competition
- to avoid making silly mistakes
- to build strong brands and monitor their brands
- to understand the importance of key marketing issues like positioning, customer service, value for money, effective communication and strategic planning.
The user will be assessed by answering 2 questions per chapter and achieving the required number of correct answers (that is, two opportunities to answer questions with a minimum of 70% pass to obtain CPD points).
15 CPD points at CMSA level.
Pass the assessment as per MASA requirements.